Washington, DC & Baltimore, MD
March 26-April 1, 2023 (ages 13-17) Limited to 6 students.
$1900* (includes lodging, meals, admission fees and local transportation – airfare not included)
The purpose of all Art-Away trips is to give students the opportunity to immerse themselves in the art world of another area, while having time and space to create their own art work in response to all they see. The trip to Baltimore-Washington is made extra special in that we stay in the home of a local artist who shares her extensive knowledge of the local art world.
Highlights of the Washington-Baltimore trip will include:
2 days in Washington and 3 days in Baltimore,
- In Washington: visit select exhibits at The National Gallery of Art, The Hirshhorn Museum, The Museum of American Art and The Renwick.
- In Baltimore: stay at artist, Catherine Behrent’s, house. Participate in a drawing class at Maryland Institute, College of Art , visit local artists’ studios, experience the American Visionary Art Museum.
- Evenings making art, watching movies, playing games and eating healthy, home cooked meals while staying at Catherine’s home
Sunday 3/26 – travel to Washington
fly from DEN to BWI.
- drive from BWI to Arlington Holiday Inn
Monday 3/27 – Washington
- Begin sketchbook project which will be integrated into entire week.
- spend the day on the Washington Mall visiting The National Gallery of Art and the Hirshhorn Museum
- dinner in Arlington, VA (tba)
Tuesday 3/28 – Washington
- National Museum of American Art
- home to Catherine’s in Baltimore for dinner
Wednesday 3/29 – Baltimore
- participate in drawing class at MICA (Maryland Institute, College of Art) with Michelle La Perriere
Thursday 3/30 – Baltimore
- Artist studio visits and make art day
Friday 3/31 – Baltimore
- American Visionary Art Museum and the inner harbour
Saturday 4/1 – travel to Denver
fly from BWI to DEN
Payment Details + Cancellation Policy
- a nonrefundable $500 deposit is required to reserve a space
- Payment in full is due by February 24, 2023
- Deposit is non-refundable
- 60 days or more notice – 100% refund (less deposit)
- 30-60 days notice – 50% refund (less deposit)
- less than one month – no refund available
send me more information
about art-away excursions
Traveling with Page allows students to be artists in the world of art that can only serve to inspire them to go further, to use their talents to seek that place they can call their own. Thank you, Page!
I can’t recommend this program enough! Our hearts are filled with gratitude for Page.
As someone who is trying to figure out their future after high school, spending time in an art school or with people who work every day in art for their career was really interesting and helped me gain a new perspective on how art can impact me and my life.
Page is an artist, teacher and above all, someone who is genuinely passionate about sharing her brilliance with our community’s youth. This kind of rare combination is an amazing gift to our community and not to be missed!
Verified Google Review: I can't say enough about the engaging hands-on instruction and mentoring my daughter has received. We are absolutely thrilled watching her artistic abilities blossom and seeing her grow confidant as an artist and a person.
Verified Google Review: Page does more than teach art; she teaches her students how to see the world like artists. Through this lens, anything is possible.
Verified Sawyer Review: I love the feel and vibe of this studio. Paige and Sue are the most amazing people and work so very hard to create an amazing experience for those kids.
Verified Sawyer Review: A supportive and creative environment to explore!
Verified Sawyer Review: The instructors, the space, the pace, EVERYTHING. Best possible art camp you could hope for!
Verified Sawyer Review: Everything! The instructor was extremely engaging and hands on. She made it a wonderful experience for my daughter
Verified Sawyer Review: It's a wonderful class. Page Zekonis is a great teacher and has done a tremendous job teaching remotely. The class has a fantastic hands-on feel, even though we are all working online. It's the highlight of my week!
Verified Sawyer Review: Calm, intentional instruction.
Verified Sawyer Review: Love the one on one time as well as taking time to admire and appreciate ea other people's art work. Project was fun and individually creative. Group fun. Instructor directed well with calm supportive demeanor. Would recommend this class. Enjoyable.
Verified Sawyer Review: The open creativity and gentle guidance.