Washington, DC & Baltimore, MD
March 26-April 1, 2023 (ages 13-17) Limited to 6 students.
$1900* (includes lodging, meals, admission fees and local transportation – airfare not included)
*Register by Dec 31 for $200 discount (use the coupon code “artawaydiscount” upon checkout)
The purpose of all Art-Away trips is to give students the opportunity to immerse themselves in the art world of another area, while having time and space to create their own art work in response to all they see. The trip to Baltimore-Washington is made extra special in that we stay in the home of a local artist who shares her extensive knowledge of the local art world.
Highlights of the Washington-Baltimore trip will include:
3 days in Baltimore and 2 days in Washington, staying at artist, Catherine Behrent’s, home which will serve as our home base and studio.
- In Washington: visit select exhibits at The National Gallery of Art, The Hirshhorn Museum, The National Portrait Gallery and The Phillips Collection
Evenings making art, watching movies, playing games and eating healthy, home cooked meals at Catherine’s home
Sunday 3/26 – travel to Baltimore
Monday 3/27 – Washington
- Drive to D.C. (about 50 minutes) and check in to Renaissance Suites on the National Mall.
- spend the afternoon on the mall visiting The National Gallery of Art, and if there is the energy, one of the Smithsonian museums.
Tuesday 3/28 – Washington
Wednesday 3/29 – Baltimore
Thursday 3/30 – Baltimore
Friday 3/31 – Baltimore
Saturday 4/1 – travel to Denver
Payment Details + Cancellation Policy
- a nonrefundable $500 deposit is required to reserve a space
- Payment in full is due by February 24, 2023
- Deposit is non-refundable
- 60 days or more notice – 100% refund (less deposit)
- 30-60 days notice – 50% refund (less deposit)
- less than one month – no refund available